Expressing Certainty And Uncertainty

  K.D (2.5)
Expressing Certainty- Uncertainty
A. Ask for Certainty
     Untuk menanyakan kepastian, kita dapat menggunakan ekspresi-ekspresi berikut ini:
  • Are you sure?
  • Are you sure about it?
  • Are you certain about it?
  • Are you positive about it?
  • Is that definite
B. Expressing Certainty
     Untuk menyampaikan kepastian, kita dapat menggunakan ekspresi-ekspresi
     berikut ini:
  • Yes, I am certain.
  • Of, course.
  • I'm positive.
  • She must be excellent at mechanics.
  • I'm absolutely sure.
  • It's certain that she is a good mechanic.
  • I'm sure about it.
  • I'm quite sure that he told the truth.
  • I'm absolutely sure about the news.
  • I'm no doubt about it.
  • I'm absolutely certain that he told the truth.
  • I'm sure/certain about .....
  • I've no doubt about.....
C. Expressing Uncertainty
     Untuk menyampaikan ketidakpastian atau keraguan kita dapat menggunakan  ekspresi-ekspresi berikut:
  • Sorry, I'm not sure about it.
  • I'm not really sure that  he told the truth.
  • I'm not really sure about it.
  • I'm not too sure about ....
  • I don't know for sure.
  • I'm not completely sure that ...
  • I'm not a hundred percent sure.
  • I  don't know yet.
  • Not as far as I know.
  • I doubt it.
  • I couldn't say ....
  • There's some doubt in my mind that ....
  • I'm afraid I can't be certain about ....
  • I'm not convinced about ....
  • There's surely some doubt about ....
D. Responding to Uncertainty
     Untuk menanggapi keraguan, kita dapat menggunakan ekspresi-ekspresi berikut ini:
  • I'm a hundred percent certain ....
  • You can be sure about ....
  • I've no doubt about.....
  • It's quite certain ....
  • I don't think there can be any doubt about ....
  • I'm fairly sure ....
  • Everything will be fine.
  • It's all going to be okay.
  • Don't be worried too much. Next time will be better.
(Source :http://englishforum789.blogspot.com/2012/03/certainty-uncertainty.html)
(Source: http://englishforum789.blogspot.com/2012/03/conjuntion-not-only-but-also.html)
Previous
Next Post »